a new option for blood management programs
Every surgical procedure has the potential for blood loss, yet little effort is made to collect viable blood shed during surgery due to various factors including predicting who will bleed, cost of reservoirs, or need for specialized resources.
• Shed blood is a significant source of RBCs
• Leverage existing protocols and workflow for blood salvage
• Closed, sterile system compatible with surgical suction & autotransfusion systems
• Designed to reduce allogeneic transfusions which are among the costliest contributors to healthcare expenditures
• Seamless integration. Collection does not require specialized resources
• By avoiding allogeneic tranfusion-related adverse events2:
– Decrease patient mortality
– Lower incidence of nosocomial infections
– Reduce risk of multi-organ failures
– Decrease length of hospital and ICU stays
The HEMAsavR™ device is a sterile, economical blood capture and transfer device that supports efforts to collect and salvage blood in most surgical procedures and respond quickly to unanticipated blood loss. The HEMAsavR™ decreases the upfront cost of collecting shed blood and creates options to improve outcomes and avoid allogeneic transfusions.
References: 1. AABB. Patient Blood Management Facts & Figures 2017. http://www.aabb.org/PBM. Accessed September 2017. 2. Shander A, Hofmann A, Gombotz H, et al. Estimating the cost of blood: past, present, and future directions. Best Practice & Research Clinical Anaesthesiology. 2007; Vol 21. No. 2: 271-289.